Danilo Celebrates 35th Birthday
35 years ago, Danilo Promotions first began when our MD Laurence Prince recognised the public’s mood and need to celebrate Elvis’ life, after his tragic death in 1977
He flew to LA to meet Colonel Tom Parker and managed to secure the rights to the FIRST Official Licensed Calendar (Elvis, 1979) and the rest, as they say, is history!
Since then Danilo has sold over 100 million calendars and 100 million cards and has grown to become Europe’s Number One official licensed calendar publisher, and we couldn’t be prouder!
To celebrate this fantastic achievement, a special birthday party was organised at the beautiful Serpentine Sackler Gallery in London. With approx 150 guests attending, we enjoyed a champagne reception, a fantastic magic show, a trio of singing waiters plus the icing on the birthday cake, so to speak, was a video message from Sir Cliff Richard himself, thanking Danilo for publishing his calendars all these years and wishing Danilo even more success for the future.
In his speech, MD Laurence Prince mentioned just how proud he was of his staff, how much he values his close business relationships and thanked everyone, including his wife Josephine and family, for their continual support.
35 years marks an important milestone for the company and reminds us of everything achieved so far. But with some very exciting plans in the pipeline for the future, we say bring on the next 35 years! 🙂
Here are a few fun facts that you may not know about Danilo Promotions…
- In addition to the 100 million cards, Danilo has sold over 15 million sound cards
- We have sold over 3 million Cliff Richard calendars
- 1 in 4 UK householders buy and have an official Danilo calendar on their wall every year
- Danilo has over 50 Industry Awards for our products
- Danilo has a whole team of designers dedicated to designing all our calendars in house
- Danilo has worked with over 1500 Brands / Licenses
- This year we have published over 180 different calendar titles
- This year our 3 top selling calendars are : One Direction, Minecraft and Dr Who 50th Anniversary Special
Posted on December 5, 2013, in December 2013, Uncategorized and tagged 35th Birthday, calendars, cards, Cliff Richard, Colonel Tom Parker, Danilo Promotions, Elvis Presley, Laurence Prince..., Serpentine Sackler Gallery. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.