DANILO TAKES TOP SPOT AT NATIONAL CALENDAR AWARDS
Held at the beautiful Stationer’s Hall in London we were one again thrilled to mingle at the National Calendar Awards with friends from Calendar Club, Grange Communications, Pixel, Carousel Calendars, Avonside Publishing among others, whilst wandering through the exhibition and admiring all the 2017 nominations.
The NCA’s are a national event (we like to think the OSCAR’s of the calendar world) held annually celebrate the best calendar designs and bring together printers, designers, photographers, artists, publishers as well as the industry’s future ‘the student’.
And this year we were delighted to have received ten nominations and won FIVE awards!
- Winning Best 2017 Diary was Marvel Comics 2017 A5 Diary
- Star Trek fans will be pleased to hear that our Star Trek 50th Anniversary Calendar won the Best Illustrated title
- Our New Official Beano 2017 Calendar won Best Humour / Character Award
- Our Brand New Ladybird Books For Grown Ups 2017 Calendar (you may be familiar with the Hilarious Ladybird Book Range) won the Excellence in Production Award
- We were also thrilled that our Harry Potter Colouring In 2017 Calendar won the Best New Title award
We were also joined by TV star Nick Ferrari who did a fantastic job of hosting and presenting the awards and we thoroughly enjoyed the LBC Radio Star’s hilarious anecdotes throughout the night.
So after another great night, the Danilo team are now gearing up for showing our new 2018 range at Spring Fair at NEC, Birmingham this February.
Fingers crossed we can replicate our success at next year’s awards!
Posted on January 26, 2017, in Janaury 2017, Uncategorized and tagged awards, Beano, calendars, Danilo Promotions, diary, harry potter, ladybird books for grown ups, marel comics, star trek. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.