It’s that time of year again at Danilo, when we replace the old with the new! An we’re delighted that our full range of fantastic Official Calendars and Diaries for 2018 are now available at http://www.danilo.com
In particular, we are very excited about the NEW Sherlock Official 2018 Calendar, featuring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, A Square Calendar measuring 305mm x 305mm, this calendar features stunning graphics of key characters such as Sherlock Holmes, Dr John Watson, Mycroft Holmes, Molly Hooper, Mrs Hudson and DI Greg Lestrade.
For all you music lovers, we have a great selection of Official Calendars to choose from. Covering a few music genres you can pick from the classics such as Elvis Presley, Cliff Richard, Donny Osmond, Queen and The Beatles through to Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Little Mix, Take That, One Direction, The Vamps and more
We also have a range of different formats for our Calendars and Diaries, so no matter how you like to stay organised, there is the perfect size for you!
DESK EASEL AND DESK BLOCK CALENDARS – perfect for your home or office
Selection of Desk Easel Calendars above – priced £6.99
Selection of Desk Block Page-A-Day Calendars above – priced £9.99
OFFICIAL 2018 DIARIES – Come in A6, A5 and pocket sizes -from £5.99
So get pre-ordering now and be one of the first to receive these products as soon as they come into stock! And remember we offer FREE UK Delivery on all Calendars, Diaries, Greetings Cards and Gift Wrap!! Worldwide delivery is also available 🙂
We are offering all our lovely customers a whopping 30% OFF All our Official 2017 Calendars & Diaries at Danilo.com. These include the Most Popular TV, Film, Music, Celebrity, Football & Sports Brands PLUS FREE UK P&P!
We’re delighted that not only is the new film out this week but we are also offering all J.K Rowling fans the Brand NEW Official Fantastic Beasts 2017 Calendar for only £8.99 and FREE UK Delivery (Worldwide Delivery also available)!
PLUS we’ve teamed up with companies Rubies Fancy Dress, Scholastic and Paladone to give one lucky winner the chance to WIN all these AMAZING Harry Potter / Fantastic Beasts Prizes!
All you have the do to enter is click this link and share / like / tweet to enter and this competition closes on 14th December 2016!
Plus for all Harry Potter Fans, we also have available a Brand NEW COLOURING-IN CALENDAR as well an Official Film Series for 2017 too. Both £8.99 each
This October, to celebrate some of our more spooky official calendar titles, we’re giving you the fang-tastic opportunity to win One of Six Themed Halloween Hampers!
We have THREE Harry Potter Hampers to giveaway. Each one includes: An Official Harry Potter 2016 Calendar, a Complete 8-disc Harry Potter DVD film collection, and some special Halloween sweets and treats!
Plus we have THREE Vampire Diaries Hampers to giveaway. Each one includes: An Official Vampire Diaries 2016 Calendar, Seasons 1 to 5 The Vampire Diaries: Love Sucks DVD Boxset and some special Halloween sweets and treats
To enter this ghoulishly great competition, just answer the question below and select whether you’d prefer to win a Harry Potter BUndle or a Vampire Diaries bundle, by midnight on Sunday 1st November 2016.
Plus check out these other great spooky official 2016 Calendars here
GOOD LUCK! Enter Here
The Danilo Team were delighted to attend The Henries Awards again for 2015, which took place in the stunning Lancaster London Hotel on Thursday 8th October. Every year, hundreds of greeting card industry publishers and retailers attend this prestigious event which celebrates the immense creativity in the UK greeting card industry.
Now in its 20th year, The Henries featured a fantastic ‘Roaring Twenties’ theme, including Charleston Dancers as well as fun dress up items for guests. Comedian Mark Watson, also brought his own unique brand of humour as the compere of the event.
All the nominees this year were judged by a panel of over 40 prestigious retailers, including buyers from John Lewis, Scribbler, Paperchase, Waitrose, Tesco, Waterstones and a host of leading independents. And we were over the moon when we discovered our Official Despicable Me Minions Card and Wrap range won the Best Licensed Range Award. Especially as other great titles such as Frozen by UKG were also nominated. Overall, a fantastic night, and we cant wait for next year’s Henries event 🙂
For a full list of all the nights winners, click here
Official Minions Range now available at Danilo.com with Free UK Delivery. Worldwide delivery also available
Exciting news for all Little Mix fans, the former X Factor winners are set to play at The O2 in London on Bank Holiday on Sunday 25th May!
The band, who have released their second album, have had two number singles and a platinum selling debut album in the UK, are excited to be playing their first arena tour. The band comments that they are going to be “pulling out all the stops to make sure it’s as unforgettable for our Mixers as it will be for us”.
So if you fancy the chance to win one of two pairs of tickets to go see this amazing live performance, then click this link and answer one simple question BEFORE Monday 12th May 2014
PLUS We are also offering fans a special offer on the Official Little Mix Calendar – Now Only £4.99 including FREE UK Delivery! (Worldwide Delivery also available)
Featuring stunning and colourful imagery of Perrie, Jesy, Leigh-Anne and Jade, its not too late to purchase yours!
Due to it being Pete’s birthday this week, we thought we’d dedicate this blog post to the reasons why the Danilo Team love Peter Andre.
Back in the 1990’s, when Peter released single ‘Mysterious Girl’ (1996) the UK became Pete-crazy (especially with those abs!) and since his successful stint on “Im a Celebrity” in 2004 it seems that Great Britain has been reminded exactly why he is so lovable!
Whilst there are many reasons to be an Andre fan, here are our top 5:
- His lovely nature: Peter is modest, sweet and caring!
- He always has time for his fans: During a calendar signing event at Clinton Cards store, Peter insisted on staying longer than the hours advertised to make sure he could sign all the calendars of the 1600+ fans that queued to see him
- His work with charity: He launched the Peter Andre foundation in April 2013 in memory of his brother Andrew, who died of kidney cancer last December and continues to work closely with Cancer Research UK.
- He is a great family man: A patient and loving dad, Peter frequently comments on how much his family means to him. Many congratulations to Peter and fiancée Emily who recently had a beautiful baby girl.
- His boyish charm and amazing smile that has won over the hearts of millions and make him the perfect calendar pin-up!
Why not let us know what your favourite things about Peter are…
Firstly, we want to say a Big Thank You to everyone who came to see us at Spring Fair last week! It has been another great year and was lovely to see some familiar faces as well as some new ones too 🙂
As the Market Leaders of official licensed calendars, cards, dairies and wrap, us hard-working bods at Danilo have been working closely with some great Licensors to ensure we bring you the best titles in TV, Music, Film, Gaming, Sport and Glamour!
And we have been so pleased to be able to demonstrate some of our fantastic 2014 / 2015 brands at the NEC last week.
But just in case you couldn’t make it up to see us, we wanted to share with you lovely people a taster of the exciting things we have planned for this year…
- As we have secured new multi brand licenses with the likes of Disney, Marvel, Warner Bros, Fox and the BBC, it means we are super-excited to be able to bring you titles such as Winnie the Pooh, Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, TV Show Arrow, Amazing Spiderman 2, Godzilla, American Dad, Guardians of the Galaxy, funny sitcom Modern Family and new computer game Disney Infinity.
- We also have the licence to publish The Great British Bake Off calendars and diaries this year, and signed a deal direct with Paul Hollywood, who judges and presents the show with Mary Berry.
- Another major signing for us is the new Doctor Who in the shape of the regenerated 13th incarnation – as explained by Matt Smith in the Christmas Day special before he turned into Peter Capaldi. We will be publishing both new and classic Dr Who calendars, diaries, cards and wrap featuring iconic villains as well as Peter as the new Doctor in the latest TV series showing on BBC1 later this year
- But not forgetting last year’s bestsellers, we are also very pleased to be able to see a return of popular titles for 2015 such as:
- One Direction – Who have a new music and live tour scheduled for this year
- Minecraft – A gaming brand whose immense popularity is still continuing to grow
- Skylanders – Another great gaming brand that will see a new release later this year
- Mrs Brown’s Boys – Hugely popular this Christmas and also has a full-length movie to be released this year
- Minions from Despicable Me – these cute giggling creatures are back and working on their own film
- Premier League Football clubs will continue to be a large part of the Danilo range – including teams such as Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester City, West Ham and Everton
- And not forgetting the World Cup this year, we will have the Official England FA Calendar available
- TV-wise we can also look forward to 2015 titles from Big Bang Theory, Keith Lemon, Downton Abbey, and many more
- The Muppets – These lovable characters will return to our screens this year with a brand new movie
- Music Acts such as Ed Sheeran, Union J, The Vamps, Elvis, Kylie, The Beatles, The Who, Cheryl Cole plus even more of your favourites to come…
New card ranges for 2014 / 2015
We hope you are looking forward to seeing our new range of calendars, cards, diaries and wrap as much as we are, and don’t forget to stay tuned to our Blog, Facebook and Twitter pages, as this is where will announce even more superb titles in the upcoming months!
As our way of helping you, our lovely readers, to get to know the Danilo Team a bit better, every month we will now be posting a fun interview from one of our fab employees.
This month, we are getting to know the fabulous Lorraine, who has been with Danilo since the very beginning 35 years ago!
She tells us how she came to work for Danilo: “My sister in law worked for Laurence’s brother and she told me Laurence was looking for someone, our office was in Bath Street EC1 about 10 x 20 feet with one desk that we shared in the beginning I really knew I was there to stay when I got my own desk!!”
She continues: “I remember when we advertised the Elvis calendar in the press and various magazines, the Post Office van arrived with sack loads, I sat and opened every envelope and banked all the Cheques and postal orders then packed the envelopes along with Laurence and various members of my family.”
She says of MD Laurence “He has always been such a good person to work for, I don’t think I could have found a better boss. We had such fun in the early days and I still love working here now, its such a friendly company!”
And we asked Lorraine the following questions:
1. What was your first job?
2. What is the best part of your job?
I don’t have a best part, i enjoy all of it.
3. How do you relax?
I don’t’ – I’m always busy
4. What is your most treasured possession?
5. Which living person do you most admire?
Laurence Prince (its true! )
6. Who would play you in the film of your life?
Charlize Theron (of course !!)
7. Who are your favourite business leaders?
Karen Brady & Richard Branson
8. What do you consider your greatest achievements?
My Son & 39 years married (oh and all my years at Danilo)
9. What 3 words would a colleague or a friend use to describe you?
You would have to ask them
10. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Be nice to people on the way up, you might meet them on the way down
Here is a picture of Lorraine (in middle) at our recent 35th Birthday party
Since leaving The X Factor in 2010, One Direction have gone on to enjoy huge global success. Having sold over 19 million singles and 10 million albums, and even beating Cliff Richard to become best selling calendar of 2013 so far, here are 5 reasons why we love cheeky chappies Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson!!
Reason One: Their cool windswept-look hair and their sharp co-ordination of outfits (wish we were as cool).
Reason Two: They don’t take themselves too seriously and not afraid to make a fool of themselves.
Reason Three: They love their fans as much as their fans love them. Back in June this year, it was reported how Harry stopped to help pick up a fan in NYC who got knocked over in the excitement.
Reason Four: They make us cry as well as laugh, with their emotional walk down memory lane in new video “Story of My Life”.
Reason Five: Despite only coming third in The X Factor, they have become the most successful act from the popular TV Series – You go boys!
Do you agree? Why not tell us why you love One Direction…