This time, we’ve selected the lovely Mr Deryl Thomas, who is our National Sales Manager to be put under the spotlight.
So we asked Deryl
1. What was your first job?
Worked for a printing company in East London as an account executive – preparing quotes and liaising with clients.
2. What is the best part of your job at Danilo?
The people I work with and the challenges of opening and getting the best out of the accounts I deal with. Plus when we get exciting new licenses to sell!
3. How do you relax?
There are many things I love to do to relax including walking the Dog, playing some sports such as golf or football, especially in the Summer, cooking and experimenting with new meals, reading, especially thrillers and watching movies with a nice glass of wine (or two)
4. What is your most treasured possession?
5. Which living person do you most admire?
Sam Allardyce, the West Ham Manager. He stood up to the critics and proved them wrong.
6. Who would play you in the film of your life?
7. Who are your favourite business leaders?
Andy Street, the Managing Director of John Lewis. I really admire their business culture.
8.What do you consider your greatest achievements?
There are several things I’m proud to have achieved, including
- 2-1 At Sheffield University
- Headmasters prize at school
- Captaining school rugby side
- Managing youth team at football and taking them to top of league.
- What 3 words would a colleague or a friend use to describe you?
Humorous. Friendly. Easy going.
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
Treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself and Don’t let anyone grind you down!