The Official Calendar chart presented by Danilo is always a reflection of who is in and who is out and what is trending…
In recent years the No 1 spot has been dominated by 1 Direction, Cheryl, Frozen, Minions etc. but for 2017 its Football’s year to shine and Mourinho will not be happy when he finds out that Liverpool have pinched the Number 1 spot and made history, with over 3% more sales than the runner up Manchester United
This is the first time that 2 Sport Calendars have taken the No 1 & 2 spots in Danilo’s 38 year sales history!
From Numbers 20 to 11 in the Chart are:
20) Despicable Me
19) Suicide Squad
15) Kelly Brook
12) Fantastic Beasts
AND Here is a short video counting down the Top 10…. 🙂
Make Mother’s Day one to remember this year by entering our Special Hamper Competition.
All you have to do is click this link and answer the question before midnight on Wednesday 2nd March to be in with a chance of winning this fabulous prize.
This amazing Mother’s Day Hamper includes a lovely Mother’s Day Card of choice, 2016 Calendar of choice, Gift Wrap and Gift Bag of choice and a selection of lovely choccies and yummy treats PLUS we will ensure it is delivered in time for Mother’s Day on Sunday 6th March.
Now from only £2.00 PLUS FREE UK Delivery (Worldwide Delivery also available) and our Mother’s Day Card and Wrap sets are only £5.99 each!
The Danilo Team were delighted to attend The Henries Awards again for 2015, which took place in the stunning Lancaster London Hotel on Thursday 8th October. Every year, hundreds of greeting card industry publishers and retailers attend this prestigious event which celebrates the immense creativity in the UK greeting card industry.
Now in its 20th year, The Henries featured a fantastic ‘Roaring Twenties’ theme, including Charleston Dancers as well as fun dress up items for guests. Comedian Mark Watson, also brought his own unique brand of humour as the compere of the event.
All the nominees this year were judged by a panel of over 40 prestigious retailers, including buyers from John Lewis, Scribbler, Paperchase, Waitrose, Tesco, Waterstones and a host of leading independents. And we were over the moon when we discovered our Official Despicable Me Minions Card and Wrap range won the Best Licensed Range Award. Especially as other great titles such as Frozen by UKG were also nominated. Overall, a fantastic night, and we cant wait for next year’s Henries event 🙂
For a full list of all the nights winners, click here
Official Minions Range now available at Danilo.com with Free UK Delivery. Worldwide delivery also available
Held at The Great Room at The Grosvenor House Hotel in London on Tuesday 15th September, The Annual Licensing Awards once again took place. There were over 1400 licensors, licensees and retailers in attendance, and even some celebrities too, such as the famous duo Ashley and Pudsey, Comedian and TV Star Alexander Armstrong and even Superman star Henry Cavill!
On this star-studded evening, Danilo were delighted to not only receive the award for the Best Licensed Paper Products Or Stationery Range for our Despicable Me Minions greetings cards, calendars and giftbags range, but also because our Founder and Chairman Mr Laurence Prince was given an Honorary Achievement Award for his contribution to the Licensing Industry
Shocked by this surprise announcement, Laurence collected his award, commenting “This industry has been good to me. It’s an industry I love and have grown up with – I’m 69 this year. I appreciate that the licensing industry has given me this award – it is just fantastic, thank you.”
Well Done Laurence, we are all very proud of you!
Danilo are chuffed to announce that our Official Despicable Me Card Range has also been nominated for the Best Licensed Range award at the 2015 Henries Awards. We are up against strong competition such as Disney Frozen from UK Greetings, Laura Meare from Hallmark and MODA from The Great British Card Company.
Overall, more than 14,000 entries were considered across 19 categories and these have been narrowed down by the Judges to 114 finalists. Danilo will find out if we’ve won at the gala presentation evening at the Lancaster London Hotel on Thursday 8th October, so keep your fingers crossed for us! 🙂
We are delighted to announce that Danilo is a finalist in the 2015 Licensing Awards!
There were nearly 5,000 licensed products entered into 12 categories, and we are chuffed the judging panel nominated Danilo, alongside companies such as Hallmark and Moonpig, in the Best Licensed Paper Products or Stationery Range category for our Despicable Me Calendar, Greeting Card and Gift Wrap range
The winners will be announced along with the Retailer Awards at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel on September 15, 2015 so fingers crossed we will have some good news to share in September 🙂
WIN OFFICIAL MINIONS BUNDLES IN OUR TWO COMPETITIONS!!
This week sees the film release of those loveable yellow minions as well our BRAND NEW Official Cards and Gift Wrap Range – both online and in select Tesco, Sainsbury’s, ASDA and Clintons stores! So to celebrate such an occasion we have 2 Fabulous Minion Competitions for you to enter, each with the prize of a supersized Minion Bundle!
1. FACEBOOK AND TWITTER COMPETITION
To WIN this lovely Bundle of Official Minion Books (courtesy of Centum Books), Greetings Cards, Gift Wrap and Gift Bag, all you have to do is Like and Share our Post on our Facebook Page or Follow and Retweet our post on our Twitter Page (@CalendarsUK) by Monday 29th June 2015.
2. REPIN PINTEREST COMPETITION
We are also giving you the chance to win ANOTHER of these amazing Minions Bundles by entering our Pinterest Competition. To enter, follow these 3 steps:
1. Follow Danilo Calendars on Pinterest
2. Repin your favourite Minions Product Picture from our”Minions Madness” Board.
3. Use the hashtag #DaniloMinionMadness when you repin the image
Winner will be chosen and contacted on Tuesday 30th June 2015
Held at the beautiful Grosvenor Hotel in London, the Danilo team were excited to attend the 2015 Licensing Awards last night. Designed to celebrate the achievements of all aspects of the licensing industry, a whopping 1,400 retailers, licensees, licensors and suppliers were present at this prestigious event.
And what a great evening it was! Hosted by comedian Miles Jupp, we enjoyed a lovely champagne reception as well as a delicious 3 course meal and even tried our luck in the bespoke Casino area.
We were delighted to be nominated for Best Licensed Paper Products or Stationery Range award for our Despicable Me Greeting Cards and Calendar Range but were even more pleased to see that our retailer friends ASDA won the Top Retailer Award. Also big congratulations to E1 Entertainment’s Peppa Pig, Disney’s Frozen, Liverpool FC and Thomas and Friends who all won Licensing Property awards but we especially want to applaud David Scott who won the Honorary Achievement Award – Congrats David!
Additionally, our MD Laurence Prince presented the Danilo sponsored award for Best Music or Celebrity Licensed Property to winners Global for One Direction. Great news for all Directioners
After such a great evening, we are already marking next year’s awards ceremony in our 2015 calendars…
As the only trade show in the world dedicated to the greetings card industry, PG Live is an exciting event for all card publishers, distributors and retailers alike. Taking place on Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th May, Danilo are just one of the 200+ companies who will be proudly exhibiting at this renowned event at the Business Design Centre in London. And with some spanking new ranges to show off this year, as well as updates to our existing ranges, we cannot wait!
PLUS to celebrate our fab Despicable Me card ranges, we are also bringing along Minions Jerry and Jorge for a meet and greet on Tuesday. So make sure you pop by and have your picture taken with them!
As the market leading publisher of officially-licensed cards, calendars, diaries and wrap, we are proud to offer the most popular current brands in Music, TV, Film, Gaming and Sport. And we are especially pleased this year to be able to exhibit a whole host of new card ranges including:
In particular, we are delighted with the success of our Mrs Brown’s Boys cards, which have been flying off the shelves, with one birthday card selling three times faster than other top cards in the same category. Plus with the release of Mrs Brown’s Boys D’Movie (watch trailer) in June this year, looks like the popularity of this Irish TV mammy will continue to grow.
In addition to these great new titles, we have also updated some of our popular card ranges such as One Direction, Transformers 4 (following the release of Transformers 4 movie Age of Extinction in July) Star Wars, and Family Guy ….
So if you’re planning on attending the show, why not come and visit us on Stand 513 and our friendly team will be happy to give you more information on our great 2015 titles.
Firstly, we want to say a Big Thank You to everyone who came to see us at Spring Fair last week! It has been another great year and was lovely to see some familiar faces as well as some new ones too 🙂
As the Market Leaders of official licensed calendars, cards, dairies and wrap, us hard-working bods at Danilo have been working closely with some great Licensors to ensure we bring you the best titles in TV, Music, Film, Gaming, Sport and Glamour!
And we have been so pleased to be able to demonstrate some of our fantastic 2014 / 2015 brands at the NEC last week.
But just in case you couldn’t make it up to see us, we wanted to share with you lovely people a taster of the exciting things we have planned for this year…
- As we have secured new multi brand licenses with the likes of Disney, Marvel, Warner Bros, Fox and the BBC, it means we are super-excited to be able to bring you titles such as Winnie the Pooh, Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, TV Show Arrow, Amazing Spiderman 2, Godzilla, American Dad, Guardians of the Galaxy, funny sitcom Modern Family and new computer game Disney Infinity.
- We also have the licence to publish The Great British Bake Off calendars and diaries this year, and signed a deal direct with Paul Hollywood, who judges and presents the show with Mary Berry.
- Another major signing for us is the new Doctor Who in the shape of the regenerated 13th incarnation – as explained by Matt Smith in the Christmas Day special before he turned into Peter Capaldi. We will be publishing both new and classic Dr Who calendars, diaries, cards and wrap featuring iconic villains as well as Peter as the new Doctor in the latest TV series showing on BBC1 later this year
- But not forgetting last year’s bestsellers, we are also very pleased to be able to see a return of popular titles for 2015 such as:
- One Direction – Who have a new music and live tour scheduled for this year
- Minecraft – A gaming brand whose immense popularity is still continuing to grow
- Skylanders – Another great gaming brand that will see a new release later this year
- Mrs Brown’s Boys – Hugely popular this Christmas and also has a full-length movie to be released this year
- Minions from Despicable Me – these cute giggling creatures are back and working on their own film
- Premier League Football clubs will continue to be a large part of the Danilo range – including teams such as Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester City, West Ham and Everton
- And not forgetting the World Cup this year, we will have the Official England FA Calendar available
- TV-wise we can also look forward to 2015 titles from Big Bang Theory, Keith Lemon, Downton Abbey, and many more
- The Muppets – These lovable characters will return to our screens this year with a brand new movie
- Music Acts such as Ed Sheeran, Union J, The Vamps, Elvis, Kylie, The Beatles, The Who, Cheryl Cole plus even more of your favourites to come…
New card ranges for 2014 / 2015
We hope you are looking forward to seeing our new range of calendars, cards, diaries and wrap as much as we are, and don’t forget to stay tuned to our Blog, Facebook and Twitter pages, as this is where will announce even more superb titles in the upcoming months!